Pesto Quick Bread

I have a few recipes written down in my planner that I've been making again and again, so I thought I'd get them on this blog so I can reference them in the future! This bread is tender, delicious, and looks amazing!


Pesto Quickbread

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup pesto
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated or shredded

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Whisk dry ingredients together in mixing bowl. In separate bowl, melt butter. Whisk in buttermilk and egg. Pour over dry ingredients. Stir and fold gently until just mixed together. Pour half the batter into greased loaf pan. Drop most of the pesto and parmesan cheese by spoonfuls onto batter, swirl in with a knife. Spoon the remaining batter on top, followed by the rest of the pesto. Swirl with a knife again, then top with remaining parmesan cheese. Bake for 45–50 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts