Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese

I got an Instant Pot for Christmas and LOVE it! I would have bought one sooner if I knew how much time it would save me. I think I've figured out noodles in the Instant Pot: cook them for half the time directed on the box, minus one minute (or if it says 6–7 minutes like my box of whole wheat elbows did, I cooked them for 3. 2 minutes probably would have been more al dente, which I do like too). My kids and I loved this recipe more than my stovetop macaroni and cheese, mostly because it is so creamy! That would be thanks to the evaporated milk and the white melty cheese. Feel free to switch out cheeses with whatever you have in the fridge! I used sharp cheddar and a little bit of havarti and gouda. If you use only cheddar it can get a little grainy, the light melty cheese really helps it be smooth.



Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese

Ingredients:
1 lb pasta, like elbows, shells, or rotini
4 cups water
4 Tbsp butter
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp ground mustard
Scant 1/2 tsp garlic salt (optional)
5 oz. evaporated milk
~4 cups shredded sharp or medium cheddar cheese
~2 cups white cheese, like gouda, havarti, Swiss, fontina, even mozzarella

Directions:
In the insert of an Instant Pot, add the uncooked pasta, water, butter, salt, ground mustard and garlic salt. Cook on manual for 2–5 minutes, depending on your box directions (half the time directed on box, and minus one minute if you want more al dente). Quick-release pressure. Add half the cheese and some of the milk. Stir until cheese melts and then add the rest of the cheese and milk. Stir again until cheese is melted and it is nice a creamy. Serve!

Comments

Popular Posts