Double Chocolate Banana Bread

We don't like regular banana bread with chocolate chips. But we DO like (love actually) chocolate banana bread with chocolate chips. It tastes like a decadent cake! Kind of embarrassed to show the picture. I should have taken the picture BEFORE I turned it over and it fell apart as it came out of the pan. I probably should have let it cool longer. But here's the picture anyway.
Haha. This picture makes me laugh. But we seriously ate it just like this because it was so tasty. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups mashed bananas (about 3)
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used milk, Guittard)

Heat oven to 350°. Spray bottom of loaf pan with cooking spray (apparently use a lot—haha). Beat sugar, eggs, and oil in a large bowl at medium speed until combined. Beat in banana (I blended mine separately) and vanilla on low speed. Beat flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt into mixture on low speed until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Pour batter into pan. Bake 60–70 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool ten minutes (maybe this is what went wrong with mine!). Remove from pan and cool on wire rack (but how can you resist warm chocolate bread?!).
*You could leave out the chocolate chips to make it a little healthier. But why?!



**UPDATED April 1, 2010**


I made this again using DARK chocolate cocoa, and in mini loaf pans. It was SO good! I put bittersweet chocolate chips in one loaf, and it took it over the top!
Wrapped in colored cellophane, these mini loaves were the perfect little treat for our cute nieces! Just their size!

Comments

Amanda said…
Sounds delicious! I've had banana bread with chocolate chips in it but haven't tried any that's all chocolate plus the chips! What could be better?
My mom actually made this last weekend and she said it turned out great! I guess I just need to let it cool a little longer!

Popular Posts