Easy Stir and Roll Pie Crust

This flaky pie crust is a snap to make, and it tastes SO good! And since it uses oil instead of butter, it's a *tad* healthier!

Stir and Roll Pie Crust

* Measurements for a 2-crust pie are first (I use that the most—even if I'm just making a one-crust pie because it seems like there's not enough dough in the one-crust pie to cover the whole pie pan! I think they're making pie pans bigger these days!), and measurements for a 1-crust pie are in brackets.
Ingredients:
2 cups flour  [1 cup flour]
1 1/2 tsp salt  [3/4 tsp salt]
1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp oil  [4 1/2 Tbsp oil]
1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp milk  [2 1/2 Tbsp milk]

Directions:
Mix flour and salt together with a fork. Measure milk and oil together, but DON'T stir. Pour liquid all at once over flour mixture. Stir GENTLY with a fork until mixed. Don't overmix. Roll out between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Invert into pie plate.
For single-crust pie: prick bottom and sides with fork several times and bake for 8–12 minutes at 375ยบ, until lightly browned.

*Note: I always make a 2-crust pie, because my pie pan is bigger and the 1-crust just isn't enough. With the leftover pie dough, I roll it out, sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on it, and bake it on a cookie sheet for about 10 minutes, until it's lightly browned. Then I cut it into strips. It's a fun snack while you're waiting for your pie!

Comments

Popular Posts