Crock Pot Pulled-Pork Tacos

You need to try these tacos. They are so good! The chili powder makes the dish (the cocoa powder is a must!) and the pork gets super tender in the crock pot. They are so flavorful! I found the recipe from Real Simple, here.

I forgot to take a picture when I made them, and this picture is from Real Simple. Here's the recipe:

Crock Pot Pulled Pork Tacos

2 cups salsa, plus more for serving (make sure it's like Pace or something, not the fresh stuff)
2 Tbsp chili powder
2 Tbsp dried oregano
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
Coarse salt
2 1/2 pounds of pork (I used pork chops and halved the recipe when I made them)

For serving:
Tortillas
Cilantro
Sour cream
Fresh lime (to squirt on top)
Salsa

Directions:
Combine salsa, chili powder, oregano, cocoa, and 1 teaspoon salt. Add the pork and coat with the sauce. Cook on high for four to five hours or on low for seven to eight hours. Shred meat with two forks before serving. Serve on warm tortillas and top with whatever you like.

Comments

janica said…
made these tonight.. SOOO GOOD

Zucchini soup tomorrow night:)
Maggie said…
making this right now. I'm using beef instead of pork and I added peppers and onions to the crock pot...we'll see!

I want to make the homemade tortillas too
Maggie- Let us know how they turn out with beef! And you've GOT to try the homemade tortillas, they are SO good!! :)

Popular Posts