Italian Chicken Sandwich on Ciabatta Bread


I made this sandwich a while ago and just found the picture when I uploaded from Stew's camera. It's something I just threw together because we had some ciabatta bread left over. It was DELICIOUS! The sandwich was almost to big to bite, and was plenty for the two of us to share. I've made different versions of this with leftover loaves and they're all tasty! Here's what I did:

Italian Chicken Sandwich on Ciabatta Bread:

Cook chicken tenders in a skillet with Italian dressing and tear into chunks. Slice loaf in half lengthwise. Put cut-side down on a cookie sheet and broil in the oven until slightly toasted (watch carefully!). Flip over and on the bottom cut-side, spread mayonnaise (or whatever you like), and then layer chicken, sliced tomatoes (take the seeds out for less mess), Italian seasoning (or whatever spice you prefer), and sliced cheese (I used Mozzarella, but we like Pepper Jack too). Drizzle the top half with olive oil and put the sandwich back in the broiler for just a couple minutes (again, watching carefully). I topped it off with lettuce, sprouts, sliced avocado, and balsamic vinegar on the top bun. Slice and serve (carefully, it's huge and MESSY)!

Wish I had the ingredients to make this sandwich again right now!

Comments

Maggie said…
YUM!

*mouthwatering*
Mary said…
Great picture! I am impressed.
mel said…
I just had an amazing lunch! Guess what it was... THIS! It didn't take too long to make, and it was a GREAT change from the usual peanut butter and jelly! Mine didn't look AS pretty as the picture, but it tasted so good that I didn't care. :)

Popular Posts