Christmas Treats

I've been baking up a storm lately! I think all the festive cookie recipes I see on blogs makes me feel like I have to bake them during the holidays, so I have to hurry. I made three batches of dough on Friday and two more on Sunday that I baked for Stew's coworkers. So far I've made:
Andes Creme de Menthe Chunk Cookies
Lime Meltaway Cookies
World Peace Cookies
Soft Gingersnaps (Stew's boss said these were some of the best cookies he'd ever had!)
Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cookies

For the Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cookies, I used the Chocolate Rolo Cookie recipe, adding 1/2 tsp salt to the dough. Then I rolled them in crushed candycanes. These cookies are amazing. We're making them a Christmas tradition now. They taste like mint Oreos, but better!

Stew wanted to take his coworkers a small Christmas gift. He thought sugar cookies (cut out and frosted) was too much work, so we did gingersnaps and chocolate peppermint crunch cookies. When he found out we didn't have paper plates, he thought he would have to wait to take the cookies to work. I said we could just wrap them in cellophane. After I wrapped the first batch he thought I was so creative and crafty that he took a bunch of pictures, so here they are. [By the way, I don't think this is such a creative idea...these pictures are for him]

Place small stack of cookies in the center of a square of cellophane.

Gather four corners up and pinch above the cookies.

Tie a knot with ribbon where you're pinching the cellophane.

Curl the ribbon. Cute simple gift!

Comments

Cartier Family said…
I made the soft gingersnaps today and they are the best ever! Thank your husband for me for encouraging you to post this! I can't wait for my husband to try them!!!
Maria said…
Your cookie bags are super cute. Happy Holidays!

Popular Posts