Crunchy Mexican Chicken

I found this recipe on a blog and thought, “why haven't I thought of that before?”. Chicken coated in tortilla chips, baked and topped with a little cheese, and salsa. YUM! [Sorry for the bad picture, it was steamy!]


Ingredients for chicken:
3 Tbsp. lime juice (I was out of lime and used lemon)
3 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp chili powder
1/2–1 tsp cayenne (my addition)
2 chicken breasts
1/2 cup crushed tortilla strips
1/4 cup cheese (pepper jack or cheddar)

Directions:
Mix lime juice, honey, chili powder and cayenne in a bowl and pour it over chicken. Marinate at least ten minutes (I did ten minutes, but if I would have thought ahead would have done one hour). Roll chicken in crushed chips. Bake at 425º for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and broil until cheese is melted. If tortilla chips get too dark, cover with foil.

Ingredients for salsa:
1/3 cup diced tomatoes
1/3 cup salsa
1/4 cup cilantro
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp oregano

Directions:

Blend together. Bring to a boil.

Place chicken on a plate, top with sauce, and garnish with cilantro.

*This salsa was so good!! We ate it with chips too!

Comments

Popular Posts